BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Top 5 Sad Songs

Well...continuing with the music...I figured I would tackle a tough one.

As you all now, I am a bit of a realist at times and not only do I enjoy a good sad or dark drama, not much changes in music for me either. To go on a rant I would say 85% of music is about pain or love and the combination of the two. So I have to break it down into two top 5 lists because for some music is about the sound, while others it is the lyrics. For your listening pleasures, or lack of, I presented you with youtube links to all the songs to evaluate your own opinion (just hover over the artist or name of the song and open the link in a new tab). Some of these are quite clear how sad they are, others that you may not find as sad are for more personal reasons that I relate to, for example number two on the 1st list.

So here's the two lists:


Top 5 Songs (emphasis on sound)
1. Mad World - Gary Jules  - "The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had"
2. Aaron Sprinkle - A Friend I Had - "How can I know where you are love"
3. Hero - Regina Spektor - "Hey, open wide here comes original sin"
4. Hard To Say - The Used - "Since you've been gone it's not the same"
5. Jesus Christ - Brand New - "We all got wood and nails"


Top 5 Songs (emphasis on lyrics)
1. Lived Learned Love & Lost - Ronnie Day - "I'm a lonely guy and I think too much"
2. I Can't Go On - Bayside - "Deflate the air from both of my lungs"
3. Circular Parade - The Beautiful Mistake - "You're in my circular parade of failure"
4. One Eight Seven - Senses Fail - "A gaping hole, shot through my heart"
5. It's Been Awhile - Staind - "It's been awhile since I could say I love myself"

So unless I get some fresh new top 5 lists, you should be expecting some more music top 5's.....who knows, maybe happy songs could be next...

1 comments:

Michelle said...

whay about 5 favorite war movies...in honor of veteran'd day??