BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 29, 2010

Top 5 Worst Illnesses or Symptoms

Well, for the most part I am proud to say I rarely ever get sick. Usually nothing remotely close to even a head cold. The last couple of days I have been experiencing a sore-throat for no apparent reason. So it inspired me to type up the top 5 worst illnesses I have experienced or gone through.

1. Chronic Nausea - I don't know if that is a medical term or not, but there was a time in my life where I experienced what I would call chronic nausea. I would get extremely nauseous to the point where I felt like I was seriously going to vomit. The strange thing was the nausea was set-off by certain things, the biggest one was eating at restaurants, especially fast food. I may have felt hungry but as soon as I saw the food, I would get nauseous. It was quite annoying but I guess I grew out of it.

2. Vomiting - I don't care who you are because nothing is pleasant about vomiting. Your abdomen wrenches as it forces food the wrong way. No fun...none, whatsoever.

3. Strep Throat - Now I think strep throat is often times misdiagnosed. Because if you have ever had a full-fledged strep throat, you barely can function. Several years ago, I had such a bad case of it over a christmas break and I was so weak and cloudy for about two weeks. I remember christmas morning afer opening all my gifts I passed out. It's just not a pleasant feeling.

4. Poison Ivy - I'm not sure I am as allergic to it as I once was, but if I got poison ivy in the past it consumed me. I'd be covered head to toe in it. I had to get on a dosage of steroids to eliminate that from my system....ugh.

5. Stuffy Nose - When your sinuses are blocked up, and you can't breathe through your nose whatsoever literally drives me insane. I can't stand feeling like I can't breathe. It's almost like your body is trying to suffocate you agonizingly slow.

So my illnesses may not be too bad...but there they are. This sore throat should be on the list as it has prevented me from sleeping well...

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thomas! You should do top 5 favorite movie quotations...I thought of this right now cause I just saw one of my favorites... : )

Michelle said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I was hoping last night that you were feeling better but I guess not.