BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top 5 Board Games

Well, being a total dork, I find that this list is only appropriate to have. So I'm this list will change in due time but for now this will be my top 5.

1. Traders of Carthage - relatively short, slightly mathy, with quick strategic moves.

2. Thebes - great theme, game plays right along with it, just good fun for 2-4 people

3. Agricola - a fun brain burner where you got to precisely consider each move.

4. Dominion - Kinda odd I put this one here, but overall it's a very easy learning curve for new players, and as really good replayability as a card game.

5. Betrayal At House on the Hill - A new one for me, but its fresh every time. Cool theme, and exploring the mansion is pretty interesting.

2 comments:

Michelle Machen said...

Now that I can comment on you blogs I think I will!!
All good games that I am always willing to play with you but I think I would have them sorted differntly. Here is my reodering of your top 5.
1. Betrayal at House on the Hill - but maybe because it is still pretty new but I haven't grown tired of this one at all yet.
2. Thebes - yeah, I just like this one
3. Dominion - has its weak spots but overall I still like it and always enjoy playing
4. Traders of Carthage - cause I never win
5. Agricola - only the bottem of yout top 5. I do like it better than other unlisted games

My top five would need to include Pandemic (even though it would put another co-op game in the list), Ticket to Ride, and probably Colesseum.

Midnight Runaway said...

I almost put Colosseum in there, but I find it gives me the same theme immersion as Thebes...it just takes longer to play. I still like it though.