BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Top 5 Movie Quotes

Since Proskillas requested this one...I'll give it a shot.
Now my favorite movie quotes are typically deep and meaningful or give a good picture as to what the movie truly is to the core. So here we go!

1. "What we do in life echoes in eternity" - by Maximus Decimus Meridius in the movie, Gladiator.

A famous one but the statement is a powerful one.


2. "You have to do the best with what God gave you." - by Mrs.Gump in the movie Forrest Gump.

Sure, everyone likes the box of chocolates quote, but I dig this one because it captures the story of Forrest Gump and how he "may not be a smart man" but he truly made an impact on so many lives in a lifetime.


3. "Every man dies, not every man really lives." - by William Wallace in the movie Braveheart.

Do lines get any better than this!


4. "Top five things I miss about Laura. One; sense of humor. Very dry, but it can also be warm and forgiving. And she's got one of the best all time laughs in the history of all time laughs, she laughs with her entire body. Two; she's got character. Or at least she had character before the Ian nightmare. She's loyal and honest, and she doesn't even take it out on people when she's having a bad day. That's character.
Three; I miss her smell, and the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry and I don't understand it, some people, as far as their senses are concerned, just feel like home. I really dig how she walks around. It's like she doesn't care how she looks or what she projects and it's not that she doesn't care it's just, she's not affected I guess, and that gives her grace. And five; she does this thing in bed when she can't get to sleep, she kinda half moans and then rubs her feet together an equal number of times... it just kills me. Believe me, I mean, I could do a top five things about her that drive me crazy but it's just your garden variety women you know, schizo stuff and that's the kind of thing that got me here." - Rob Gordon from the movie High Fidelity.

Ok I realize that's a long line, it's really a short monologue but I love the heart of it. It sums up the movie nicely on what a truely chemical love consists of at the root of it all. I could've chosen a couple others from this film, but it gets me every time. Oh, in case you forgot this is the film that really made me start my whole top 5 thought process since I don't know when.


5. "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." - by Ricky Fitts in the movie American Beauty.

Such a real film about what the real American dream really is when you take off all the glamour and costumes. This line just gives a glimmer of hope to the broken world around all that the film takes place.

Ok, so this list was difficult overall. I did base it off of films that hold a special place in my collection. All of these films are marvelous and quite honestly I could have chosen some great lines out of some other wonderful films. Gladiator, Braveheart and Forrest Gump are great epic films that I think anybody that enjoys movies will love these three. High Fidelity and American Beauty fall into the category of films I love because they are so real. They are real life movies and have such intense acting that you can't help but feel something towards the characters. Like many realistic films they can be controversial for just anybody's viewing pleasure.

1 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hey thanks friend! : ) Way to go, I don't think I could do it. The one that inspired me was "Let's dance you and I" from Knights Tale. Its not real deep, but I love it, because it's epic and also I love dancing. So that's it. I'll have to think about more to get five. I still love this idea.